Preparation Time: - 10 min
Cooking Time: - 20 min (depends upon the size of your kadai/frying pan)
Servings: - 3~4 persons (varies from person to person)
- 1 medium eggplant ( brinjal / begun)
- 100 gram Besan / gram flower
- 1 tbsp rice flower
- 1 tsp poppy seed ( when preparing the recipe for blog I was short of that but generally I love to include the same )
- 1 tsp Black Jeera / Nigella seeds ( Sometimes I use whole cumin seeds also – tastes as well as black jeera)
- ¼ tsp baking powder (optional)
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder – I prefer this as it is less spicy but you can use normal red chili powder also. Even you can increase the amount here according to your taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil sufficient for frying – I did not mention the exact amount as I used a smaller kadai and hence more oil was consumed.
- Sufficient amount of water.