Infolink

AddToAny

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Garlic cauliflower mash with herbs

Yum


My hubby fights with me on my blog recipes that they are not really very healthy as they contain a lot of oil. I argue that compared to other food blogs my recipes are with less oil and chilly and that makes them healthy. But in his opinion, only western recipes are healthy. I have a point that western recipes taste bland and some ingredients are not available in India. On Sunday morning our tiff on this subject reached maximum and my hubby cooked this recipe to prove his point. To my surprise, this one tastes great and definitely very healthy. However I pointed out that high cheese content makes this little unhealthy. Anyway our fight will go on but in the meantime I present his recipe here.

Preparation Time: - 15 min


Cooking Time: - 10 min



Servings: - 3 persons

Ingredients:

  1. 1 medium cauliflower, head cut into florets. You can use half of large ones.
  2. 5~6 cloves of garlic
  3. 1 tbsp vegetable oil. I used sunflower oil but you can use olive oil to make it more healthy
  4. 2 tbsp Full Cream Milk
  5. ¼ cup grated cheese. If you get Parmesan cheese it is better but I use normal Britannia low fat cheese
  6. 1 tbsp unsalted butter
  7. Salt to taste. Rock salt is better for this one
  8. 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  9. Herbs – If you get the fresh herbs you should use 1 tsp of chopped Rosemary and Thyme. Since it is not readily available in my area, I used a mixture of dry herbs which I bought from Nilgiri Supermarket. I used 1 tsp of the mixture which contains each of the above mentioned herbs.

Preparation:-

  1. Boil the cauliflower in pressure cooker for 10~12 minutes. You can use a steamer pot in Microwave also if you are inclined towards Microwave. But boiling in pressure cooker makes it easy to digest.
  2. Drain the water and keep aside.
  3. Take a non-sticky pan and sauté the garlic in oil over medium heat
  4. Take a high speed blender/food processor and transfer the cauliflower in it.
  5. Blend in high speed for few seconds and then pour garlic, cheese, butter, milk, salt and pepper
  6. Continue blending until the mixture becomes smooth. Put the herbs and continue few seconds more.

That’s all folks. Your low carbohydrate, high fiber healthy dish is ready. You can have this dish with bread and other western chicken preparation.
Please note that you can add onion and little chilly with garlic if you feel it to be too bland. If you do not love garlic so much like me or my family you can reduce the amount of garlic and add little ginger paste. This will make the taste tangier.

As always please feel free to comment, criticize and seek if any help is required. I am all ears.

No comments :

Post a Comment